Free Ads Here

Gunmen on motorbikes slit victims' throats as 46 are killed in horror terror attack

 Gunmen launched a horrific terror attack - shooting and slicing the throats of at least 46 people, a humanitarian has revealed.

Numerous people were also abducted during the mass shooting as witnesses revealed gunmen fired shots from the back of motorbikes as they terrorised numerous villages.

The communities targeted are part of the Borgu local government area in Niger State, Nigeria. The villages are on the border with Nigeria's Kwara State – where jihadists killed more than 160 people in an attack earlier this month. The attack on Saturday took place over three villages with the bloodiest happening in Konkoso where at least 38 were killed.

A security report has revealed bandits came on 41 motorcycles, each carrying two or three men. A spokesman for Niger State police told AFP six people had been killed in Tungan Makeri when the gunmen overran the village at around 6am. After attacking the village they descended upon the nearby site of Konkoso.

Speaking to AFP under the condition of anonymity, a humanitarian source revealed the armed men not only shot numerous people dead in the village but also slit the throats of civilians during the horrific massacre.

A source in Konkoso village has revealed most of the homes were burnt down making it difficult for authorities to determine just how many people were abducted during the terrifying raid.

A police spokesperson – and a resident of Konkoso – spoke of the horror left behind from the devastating attack. The spokesperson said: "Some houses were set on fire and an as-yet undetermined number of people were abducted." He added his nephew was among those killed.

"They burned a lot of houses and abducted four women. After Konkoso, they went to Pissa, where they set a police station on fire and killed one person."

The police spokesman said: "At the moment, many people are missing,"

Abdullahi Rofia, a local from the town Agwara – in the same state the horrific attack was launched – has revealed displaced people have taken shelter in his community.

He said: "People are so traumatised, they no longer go to farm nor do they go to market."

"The bandits are not interesting in stealing or looting – they are more interested in killing and terrorising locals."

This recent massacre follows a previous attack launched on another Nigerian village earlier this month. During an attack on Woro in Kwara State, jihadists killed more than 160 people. The border between Nigeria’s Niger and Kwara states is home to an area known as Kainji Forest.

The forest is a haven for bandits and fighters, including from the armed terrorist group Boko Haram. US President Donald Trump has previously claimed Christians in Nigeria are being "persecuted" and facing a "genocide" at the hands of terrorists.

Most experts have rejected these claims and have stated the violence is indiscriminate affecting both Christians and Muslims.

0 Response to "Gunmen on motorbikes slit victims' throats as 46 are killed in horror terror attack"

Post a Comment